Software Ideas

At Phorest Your Ideas Drive Our Future

1. Book Now button on Instagram

With Facebook now owning Instagram surely we can now connect??

434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Salon Branded App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deposits for certain clients / appointments

I find it difficult to get my staff to remember to take deposits. It’s very hard to remember “problem clients” and the flash up to say the client has missed appointments is not very effective. What would be good would be to add a feature that automatically takes you to the deposit screen when booking certain appointments. For example - new clients, selected “problem clients” or certain treatments (long ones ect). A pop up to the deposit screen to ensure deposits are taken, not allowing the treatment to be booked without would be good

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a +4 or +2 weeks button on the appointment screen

I feel there should be a two week or at least 4 week button for rebooking . 6 weeks is too far out .

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pop up to advise that it is a client's birthday

Pop up on the system for when a client is in the salon on (or around) their birthday.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stylist notifications

The stylists should be notified by text or push notification through the app when their client is checked in

441 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Month calendar view on Phorest Go

Phorest Go App-Please provide access to month view. I now close app to look at my calendar then re-open app and toggle 6 times to book.

I would like to not have to close app to look at a month calendar and then re open app and toggle to the appropriate date to book my client.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Changing appointments in pay screen to reflect on the appointment calendar

A guest may be booked in for a particular service, but when they arrive at the salon they may have a different service performed. Currently, we have to change the appointment in the appointment book screen to reflect the changes (upgrades/changes/downgrades) before we can pay the appointment. Could we please have the ability to make the changes in the pay screen, and in turn this then update the appointment book to reflect what has actually been charged for. If the stylists forget to change the appointment before paying we get left with appointments that are checked in but never appearing…

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a way to give a client a discount, but pay the stylist or technician full commission. In millennium, there was a check box for this.

This allows the owner to discount services and product but still pay employees. Without it, I have to track these discounts manually and then make manual adjustments during payroll input.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to flag appointments with important notes/reminders

There should be away that we can flag an appointment on the book (make it red) for important notes, reminders or if they have a habit of being late or not showing up to their appointments. This can also be combined for Birthday reminders.

What I do now is before their appointment time I make a break time before and write my notes there.

I was thinking maybe having an option to flag the appointment and make it Red so on the appointment book it stands out when looking at it

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have a report to email clients future appointments

often clients want us to email them their future appointments. I know there is an option to print future appointments but its a waste of paper and rather more time consuming than to just be able to take a screenshot and attach it to an email.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow service durations of 0 minutes

Allowing certain, quick add on services to be set at 0 minutes so that they show up as “booked” but don’t actually take up a time frame on the appointment book.
    Example: Sally is booked for a Haircut with Stacie. Front Desk Team upgrades Sally to a treatment that typically takes Stacie 5 minutes to apply. Stacie does not need a full service block on her appointment book for the treatment but needs to know that the FD upgraded the client to a treatment cut. Most stylists in our Salon Company would rather find time/ways to accommodate an add on…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Book Now button on Google Business

Reserve with Google is a new service where you can book an appointment directly from your google search. There is no need to go to a specific app or website. You just start booking directly from your search. Other salon software have had great success partnering up with Reserve with google and I was hoping Phorest would be able to provide the same service. I have attached pictures of what it looks like. Thank you

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show clients' product history on Phorest Go app

It would be very helpful to be able to look up a clients' product purchase history, including date of last purchase and number of times purchased, on the Phorest Go app

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Phorest Go & Consultation App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have a quick search to see a specific staff members service list including pricing and timing for that service.

Staff members have different prices and time it takes to complete the service.

We constantly have guests call and ask how much "x" service costs with "x" stylist. In our old system it took ONE click on that staff members name to pull up this list.

Currently there are too many steps to access this information. This information is so valuable to our front desk staff.

It has reflected very poorly on our salon when it takes longer than 30 seconds to find the price of a specific service with a specific service provider. It makes our guests question our…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add products/services to the bill and save this until they are ready to pay

Add products/services to the bill and save this until they are ready to pay. Having to add services and retail again every time you are done with a ticket (not checked out) - can we have the ability to save changes.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Phorest Go & Consultation App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spell Check options throughout the system

Spell Check options throughout the system - not just in Marketing. We can't catch every spelling mistake for our online booking descriptions and I know our clients are annoyed with our typos! HA!

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. a "Did Not Show" counter or button.

Spoke to Rachel for training. Suggested a (Did Not Show) counter or (Did Not Show) button, similar to the break button. Reason being is that there are many naughty customers who doesn't show up where within that time we lose a time slot. So it would be lovely to have a counter or a did not show button. Would help us a lot for future bookings to take an individual seriously or not.

Fullstopaesthetics.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Level Up Price Changes

When someone gets a promotion, Phorest should automatically change all future pricing on any appointments booked. Currently, you have to manually change all pricing on all appointments.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phorest Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Staff profiles on Phorest Go

Bring back “Staff Profiles” on phorest go! Why would you remove such a brilliant feature? It gave me total control on the move.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Phorest Go & Consultation App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pop up when a guest has a gift card instead of searching

It would be helpful to have the available gift cards pop up in the check out screen just as the series pop up

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base